The past few days I’ve been feeling a bit rubbish…very dopey, low energy, tired …thankfully though I’ve woken up feeling more like myself this morning feeling more energetic!
Last night James and me headed over to some local courts to play some squash. I’ve only ever really played once before and that was on holiday 5 years ago so it’s fair to say I’m a bit out of practise ;)..it’s really enjoy it though as another form of exercise. I think it’s easy to get stuck in a rut doing the same thing every week in the gym and this is more sociable, required hand eye co-ordination and works different muscles – winner!
Lunch yesterday featured a nice big salad with tuna and a lemon, mustard, yogurt dressing (with a side of Barney!), after this Barney and me headed to the local park for a nice long walk, he’s had a bad back (bless him!) and hasn’t been able to run around, but seems much better now so it was lovely for him to let off some steam and play with some other dogs.
For breakfast this morning I made some really tasty banana protein pancakes, sometime I find protein pancakes can be a little dry and powdery but these were so moist and really tasty.
1 scoop unflavoured protein powder (I used pea today)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/5 tsp baking powder
splash of milk
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat
- Place all ingredients except the milk in a mixing bowl
- Use a stick blender to blend to a thick but smooth paste (if you don’t have one of these you could mash well with a fork)
- Slowly add enough milk to form a thick batter and mix thoroughly
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pre-heated pan…I made 4 pancakes about 10cm in diameter but you can make them as big or small as you like!
- Wait until little bubbles form on the surface (don’t touch!…I know it’s tempting!!) and then flip using a spatula
- Leave for another minute and then serve!
I topped mine with a combo of peanut butter greek yogurt…what a great start to the day!
Now I’m off to finish my dissertation proposal which has to be handed in by 5pm this afternoon and then plan to go to a step class later on.
Hope you’re having a great week!
Question: Do you like to vary up your exercise with sports and the gym or do you tend to stick to the same things each week?