These might possibly be the creamiest bowl of oats you will ever taste!
Ingredients (serves 1):
20g (2tbsp) medium cut oatmeal
20g (2tbsp) rolled oats
1tsp vanilla extract
150ml milk of choice – I use organic cow’s milk or almond milk but you could use rice/oat/soy or water, but this won’t give quite as creamy result
- place oats, vanilla, cinnamon and milk of choice in a small saucepan and leave to soak for approx. 5 mins
- turn the heat to medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon
- after about 4 minutes (when the oats have soaked up most of the liquid) take the pan away from the direct heat and crack in the egg stirring quickly until the egg is completely mixed in (you need to work quickly to stop the egg scrambling) at this point the oats will be quite runny
- turn the heat right down and put the pan back on the low heat, keep stirring until they become thick and custard like
- top with your chosen topping and devour!
A few of my favourite toppings…
banana & peanut butter
berries & toasted seeds
chopped/grated apple & almond butter
fruit & greek yogurt